A Tradition of Caring
In 1913, George T. Ingersoll established a trust fund to care for his brother Jacob and stipulated that any funds that remained after his brother’s death be used to establish a “home for aged men” in memory of his parents Hiram and Eva Ingersoll.
The Ingersoll Memorial Home opened in 1924 in Schenectady’s historic Stanford Mansion and remained a residence for men-only until 1998.
In the early 2000s, planning began for a new facility to better meet the growing needs of older adults – men and women – in Schenectady and the greater Capital Region.
In 2006, ground was broken on the present-day Consaul Road property and in 2008, Ingersoll Place opened its doors.